advisory council of Iraqi and American experts was created in 2012 to
advise the Board on academic programs and assist with fund raising. As
conditions allow, the Advisory Council meets annually with the Board to
assess current programs and plan for the future. The functions of the
Advisory Council, as outlined in the by-laws, are to:
- Support the mission and vision of IICAH.
- Establish curriculum goals for programs at IICAH.
- Ensure that IICAH programs meet Iraqi needs and international professional standards.
- Promote and support the work of IICAH to increase public awareness and involvement inside and outside Iraq.
- Raise funds through Iraqi and international sources to support IICAH programs.
- Work with the Board of Directors of IICAH to help fulfill the mission of IICAH.
Lois Olcott Price is Chair of the Advisory Council, Gourhar Shemden is Vice-Chair and John Russell is Secretary
- Dr. Ayad Karhum Dawood, Director World Heritage Department, SBAH
- Jessica S. Johnson, Head of Conservation, Museum Conservation Institute, Smithsonian Institution
- Debra Hess Norris, Henry Francis DuPont Chair of Fine Arts; Chair and Professor, Art Conservation Department; Director, Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation
- Dr. Nancy Odegaard, Conservator, Head of Preservation Division, Arizona State Museum; Professor, Materials Science & Engineering, Professor, School of Anthropology, University of Arizona
- Lois Olcott Price, Chair, past Director of Conservation, Winterthur Museum (retired), Allied Assistant Professor of Art Conservation, University of Delaware
- Qaes Rasheed, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Culture and Director. State Board of Antiquities and Heritage
- Vian Rasheed, Expert Civil Engineer, Governorate of Erbil
- Dr. C. Brian Rose, James B. Pritchard Professor of Archaeology, University of Pennsylvania; Deputy Director, Penn Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Dr. John Russell, Secretary, Professor, History of Art Department, Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Gouhar Shemdin, Vice-Chair, Heritage Advisor to the KRG Ministry of Municipalities, Tourism & Heritage (retired)
- Jihan Rasheed Sindi, Advisor, Presidency of Council of Ministers, KRG
- Dr. Jason Ur, Professor, Department of Anthropology; Director, Center for Geographic Analysis at Harvard University
- Terry Drayman-Weisser, past Director of Conservation and Technical Research, Walters Art Museum (retired)
- Timothy Whalen, Director, Getty Conservation Institute