University of Delaware's MITRA Discussion Forum is intended to provide independent information and education on art materials to practicing artists and educators around the world. This site will become a critical resource as we share best practices and cutting-edge scientific research with practicing artists. An important aspect of the forum will be its absolute objectivity. No specific brands will be promoted but unique products produced by particular companies may be mentioned in terms of specific questions.
All discussion content within the Forum reflects the independent views of individuals (including but not limited to artists, scientists, conservators, industry representatives, and scholars) and does not necessarily represent the views or judgments held by the University of Delaware and its affiliated personnel, faculty or staff.
- You agree not to use any obscene or offensive language on the discussion Forum including any material that is profane, inaccurate, defamatory, false, inappropriate, threatening, hateful, constitutes junk mail/spam or unauthorized advertising, infringes on any person's privacy, violates copyright laws, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be in violation of any local, state, national, or international law or regulation. Topics relating to religion or politics will also not be permitted.
- To maintain relevant content, the University of Delaware reserves the right to remove messages we assess to be inappropriate or off topic at any time without your consent and to conduct editing that we identify as reasonable.
- Users are not allowed to post images of their own artwork(s) or use the Forum for any other self-promotional purposes (e.g. workshop announcements, tutorials, specific products, etc.). Images or links to images will only be allowed if it is considered necessary to illustrate a topic and/or question that adheres to the general mission of the MITRA Forum.
- All forum content is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. The University of Delaware does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on advice or content contained on this site. This Forum and its contents are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- It is your responsibility to exercise your judgment in evaluating or utilizing any information shared within the discussion Forum. We encourage you to confirm the information shared in the discussion Forum before undertaking any action on it.