Skip to Main Content
Sign In
Visit Apply Give

Transfer Info

Image Picker for Section 0

Transfer Students

Alumna Karissa Muratore


​Alumna Karissa Muratore (UD 2016 and WUDPAC 2020) constructs a basket during an undergraduate class.

We welcome transfer students into the Art Conservation Major, but it is advisable to contact Jocelyn Alcántara-GarcíaBrian BaadeNina Owczarek, or Debra Hess Norris in the early stages of planning. The Department cannot guarantee that you will graduate in less than two years if you have not started chemistry prior to transferring. We follow the College of Arts and Sciences’ recommendation of a minimum GPA requirement of 2.0 or above. Keep in mind a high GPA is necessary to be competitive in art conservation graduate school admissions.

Internal UD transfers can make a change in their majors and minors via UDSIS.

Students coming from another institution are responsibility for finding equivalencies for transfer credits from your previous institutions. This may entail going to the specific department (for example, chemistry) and showing the syllabus and coursework (or at a minimum a catalog course description) for each course. Each relevant department will then determine how the course would be ranked in our system. It is a good idea to start this process early and not wait until senior check out. The University Transfer Center has basic guidelines, but you must complete this work on your own. If you have taken a course that someone has already transferred from your previous institution, then it may already be in the system. In this case, a transfer is simple and almost automatic. Always check first to see if the Transfer Center already has the course in the system.   ​

If you already have an undergraduate degree and would like to take art conservation courses, you may apply for an additional bachelor’s degree or take individual courses as a continuing education student.

Transfer Credit Evaluation Form​

Art Conservation Major in UD Catalog ​

Page Settings and MetaData:
(Not Shown on the Page)
Page Settings
Transfer Info
MetaData for Search Engine Optimization
Transfer Info
  • The Department of Art Conservation
  • 303 Old College
  • University of Delaware
  • Newark, DE 19716, USA
  • Phone: 302-831-3489