I would like to ask multiple questions, since it is about mixing gouache with other techniques.
1. Since many say that gouache is basically opaque watercolor (with more gum arabic binder?), is there any proper way to use it with watercolor? For example, is it ok to paint first layers with watercolor and then to finish the painting with gouache? When switching from watercolor to gouache on the same painting, is there any right way to do it, or i just simply paint with gouache over watercolor?
And is it possible to switch process, to glaze with watercolor over opaque gouache?
2. When doing underpainting with Ink, and then painting over that with gouache, which type of Ink is best suited for mixing ink wash technique with gouache technique? And how much can Ink be diluted with destiled water?
examples of this technique:
3. When doing a drawing with black chalk or graphite, and then doing wash with brown or black ink, and then painting with gouache on top of that, is there a right procedure to do it, or i just simply switch from one technique to another as mentioned above? And, what type of fixative is best suited for preserving a chalk or graphite drawing beneath ink, and gouache?
examples of this techniqe:
4. When switching the process and doing watercolor underpainting, gouache painting, and then adding chalk, graphite in the final stage of painting, is there some sort of varnish or fixative that is best suited, so that graphite/chalk would not be smeared over the painting?
example of this technique (Graphite (Chalk?) was used in shadows and lines, in the final stage of the painting )):
5. Can gouache be mixed with acrylic painting?
6. How should gouache, or mixed media (ink,gouache,graphite) be framed?
Thank you in advance!